About Our Company
The Mirage turf was created in 1998 to capitalize on the growth of the of the home improvement industryıs outdoor living sector.
Since the creation of our unique turf, which at that time was designed mostly
for backyard putting greens, we have become one of the nationıs largest providers
of synthetic lawn grass and putting green systems. We distribute these turf
products through our privately owned family of companies. We distribute and
market our branded Mirage Waterless Grass lawn products through our independent
authorized Waterless Grass dealers.
We are a global company, and our turf is manufactured in North America and Asia.
Our Mirage Waterless Grass™ lawns have been installed in thousands of residential and commercial locations worldwide, and we have experienced exponential growth during the past few years. Likewise, the growth in the synthetic putting greens market has exploded, which has contributed to our
lawn grass products being installed in hospitality greens throughout the world,
international hotels and resorts, cruise ships, Harvard University, MIT
University, Pulte Homes (one of the largest home builders in America), and Toll
Brother (another leading national home builder), just to name a few. Our
Waterless Grass products have been featured on several national television
shows, including a special segment of HGTV.
USA Manufacturing Process
Mirage Waterless Grass™ USA turf is exclusively manufactured for quality and durability in Dalton, Georgia, using a unique and proprietary 7-step process.
- Resin pellets are melted.
- The pellets are then "extruded" into fiber monofilaments while UV and color concentrates are added.
- The monofilament is then put through a special "heat-texturizing" process that curls the fiber in a spring-set fiber.
- The finished spring-set fibers are then tufted (sewn) into a primary double stable-loc backing.
- The tufted is then sent to the "Coating Mill Oven" for secondary (final) backing.
- Once the selected backing melted to the turf, it is "tip sheered" to give the top fibers a smooth, uniform composite.
- When complete, the turf is sent to our Waterless™ Grass Warehouse where it is cut to size and shipped out.
An assortment of blended blade sizes and multi-colored fiber designs are used to give Mirage Waterless Grass™ a more realistic appearance.
Our special Mira-set™, heat set, UV-protected fibers help resist matting, over
time. Our special backing and installation method provides a natural grass feeling.
Photos from Our USA Manufacturing Facility
Extrusion Fiber Mill, located in Dalton, Georgia
Dale Potts, founder of Mirage Turf Technologies & Mirage Waterless Grass, at USA
Our proprietary MiraSet™ fiber inventory
Spools of MiraSet™ fiber ready to be tufted
Finished product in inventory and ready to be shipped to our distributors